You can make a transfer from your bank account by Faster Payments, CHAPSor Bacs.

Your bill will tell you which account to pay in to. If you don’t have a bill, or you’re not sure, use HMRC Cumbernauld.

Account details to use

Sort Code Account Number Account Name
08 32 10 12001039 HMRC Cumbernauld
08 32 10 12001020 CHAPS form – Shipley

If your account is overseas

Bank identifier code (BIC) Account number (IBAN) Account Name
BARCGB22 GB62BARC20114770297690 HMRC Cumbernauld
BARCGB22 GB03BARC20114783977692 CHAPS form – Shipley

What you’ll need

You’ll need to use your 11-character payment reference when you pay. This is your 10-digit Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) followed by the letter ‘K’.
You can find it on your:

Your payment may be delayed if you use the wrong reference number.

How long it takes

Payments by Faster Payments (online or telephone banking) usually reach HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) on the same or next day, including weekends and bank holidays.

CHAPS payments usually reach HMRC the same working day if you pay within your bank’s processing times.

Bacs payments usually take 3 working days.

Payments from overseas may take longer – check with your bank.

Leave a Reply